Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spend Your Nights Here, We'll Always Be up Late

The lights were dimmed, except for a small orange lamp on a coffee table. Then he emerged alone, in a simple button down maroon shirt and jeans. The set started with my favorite song, "Sorry, So Sorry" and ended with an oldie but goodie, "Madrigals". For a full hour and a half, I had no worries. Howie Day captivated and held my attention by himself, rotating between playing the guitar and piano.


Howie Day: Sorry So Sorry



He has had his ups and downs, but for me, he has maintained his position as one of my favorite artists for about 10 years. I call that staying power. I've seen him nearly 10 times and each and every single time, I leave in awe. I could go on and on, but I will let his music do the talking.

Howie Day: Ghost of You Live


Lastly, his newest release, Be There

No comments:

Post a Comment